...counting my many blessing today. I thought I'd share my day with you. I think you will see why I am feeling so blessed today. Ready, set, here we go!
- Got up at 6:45 to change Isaac. Repositioned him in the bed.
- Drank barley.
- Read Bible, the book of Exodus, the story of the Red Sea crossing. Remembered I had an unread email about the subject, and watched the powerpoint presentation which was very interesting.
- Checked all email accounts, checked Etsy orders, read blog comments, checked Google Analytics and StatCounter for web sites, and check in to Xanga blogs that I follow.
- Prepared Isaac's feed, juice and meds. Fed him very quietly because he had fallen asleep (had been up since 4:30 a.m. I did not get up with him - Doug did!) Washed up all syringes, tubes and jars.
- Let Newton out to go potty.
- Drank first glass of veggie juice.
- Rinsed black eyed peas, and put in Crockpot with onion, shallot, salt and Better Than Bouillon.
- Rinsed chick peas and put in to cook on stove.
- Checked Facebook, accepted gifts and played games.
- Rinsed chickpeas, put in fresh water, put back on to finish cooking.
- Made my way through most of the blogs that I follow - everybody seems to have a lot to say this week. :)
- Made hummus for lunch - our favorite recipe!
- Stirred the black eyes peas.
- Changed Ike who decided to wake up, put in a video, then spent some time talking with my boy whose eyes seem clearer today than they have in some time.
- Talked to Mama on the phone. She is feeling better today. We are still waiting on the results of one more test. Found out my aunt (my mom's sister) was taken to the hospital on Sunday morning, and tests showed she was having multiple mini strokes. She is still in the hospital and will probably be released to a nursing home/rehab facility to learn to walk with a walker before she goes back home with my uncle.
- Took all my vitamins.
- Chopped up veggies to eat with our hummus.
- Answered the front door to receive some of Ike's medical supplies.
- Drank second glass of juice for the day.
- Prepared Ike's meds, juice and feed. Fed Isaac. Changed him, put in a new video. Washed up.
- Had lunch with Doug. Sent veggies and juice with him for an afternoon snack.
- Gathered veggies and fruit for juicing: kale, carrots, celery and apples. Everything was already prepared in baggies, except for the apples.
- Spent about 30 minutes juicing and cleaning up the mess that it makes. :)
- Stirred the black eyed peas.
- Checked in with Isaac who needed new toys and some lovin' and repositioning. We are not able to get him up in his wheelchair yet, because of the shunt. He still had some stomach issues yesterday due to the pressure, so they said to keep him reclined. Since I can't get him in and out of the recliner, his bed is the best place to do that.
- Made afternoon snack: banana-peach and parsley smoothie.
- Peeled all the bananas and broke them up into a freezer bag for smoothies for the rest of the week.
- Turned on the radio for Isaac, switched his toys again. It's exciting to me when he gets bored.
- Downloaded some pics for this blog post, and figured out how to use a new program to edit them.
I can't remember the last time I had the energy to go through a day like this!!! It is very exciting to me!
Also, considering that I kept this pace the entire week that Doug was gone, then spent 48 hours at the hospital with my mom over the weekend, I am thrilled to be able to do all that I did today.
I know that so many of you pray for me on a daily basis, and I am so thankful for that. Don't stop praying yet! ;o) But now you can add a little praise in there that I am doing so well right now.
It's my plan to get ready and go to church tonight. Afterwards, we will have choir practice and then I will practice for a duet on Sunday with my friend, Mrs. Sandy. I should be good and tired by the time this day is over.
I pray your day has been productive, and that you can lay down tonight and count your many blessings.
I know I certainly will!
All pics were added for Dani - my photo-graphical inspiration! :)